Jun 23, 2008

Nupur's Pav Bhajji

Coming from a small town in south TamilNadu , I did not
have a opportunity to taste the delicious Pav Bhajji for a long
time.I never tasted this until I visited my cousin sister's place
who resided then at Hyderabad.
After seeing Nupur's popular post Pav Bhajji I decided
to try her and it turned out delicious . My son likes it very much
since the recipe does not call for onions to saute.For the
original recipe please see here.
Ingredients
Cauliflower - 1 small head
Potato - 3
oil - 2 tblsp
Green bell pepper - 1 minced
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 tsp
salt to taste
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Tomato puree - 2 - 3 cups
peas - 1/2 cup
Everest Pav Bhajji masala - 1 tblsp
butter - 1 tblsp
Method
  • Boil cauliflower and potatoes in a pressure cooker.
  • Heat oil in a kadai.Saute pepper .Add ginger garlic paste.
  • Add chilli powder , turmeric powder and salt.Saute well.
  • Now add tomato puree , peas ,boiled potatoes, cauliflower ,Pav bhajji masala and salt.
  • Keep sauteeing and mashing it together till you get the smooth mixture.
  • Add water. simmer for 20 - 25 min.

To Serve

  • Fry the bread with butter.
  • Serve with minced onions , cilantro and lemon.
I am sending this to Sia's MBP street food and Zlamushka's T&T

15 comments:

Latha Narasimhan said...

Pav bhaji is laks favourite street food! :) I have never made this at home! May be I should try out your recipe! :))

FH said...

I made this from her too, tastes great!:)

I used MDH Pav Bhaji masala, which is my fave.

Finla said...

Wow yumm, now i am really hungry for this

Laavanya said...

Hey... *same pinch* :) It tastes real great right and so simple.

Madhavi said...

love pav-bhaji, looks great, mouthwatering!!!

ranji said...

oh i love pav bhaji..make it so often for dinner....perfect comfort food and so easy too..its delcious...good choice:)

Cham said...

Looks great and delicious the pav bhajji :)

Uma said...

mmm. the pav bhaji looks so delicious, Kamala! No wonder your son liked it so much. I think you can send it to "your recipe rocks" event too.

ST said...

First time at ur blog. U have nice and lovely blog.....
Pav bhaji is my all time favorite food. Pav bhaji looks yummy and inviting.Seeing the pic, Now I am feeling hungry.

notyet100 said...

even i made for mbp street food,...its great...

Kalai said...

Goodness! This is the second pav bhaji I've seen today. Looks delicious!! :)

Unknown said...

The pav bhaji looks too good akka..This was my favorite in my college canteen..

Unknown said...

looks yummy and fantastic click...

Nupur said...

Thank you for trying the recipe and I am so glad you enjoyed it :)

zlamushka said...

Thanks for your contribution, I adore pav bhaji. It is by far the most popular recipe in T&T event. I really hope to see you in July´s challenge.