- Remove the skin of Maa inji and wash thoroughly and allow it to dry.
- Cut into small pieces and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add mustard , hing and grinded ginger.
- Saute it well.
- Add chilli powder , tamarind salt and saute till the oil oozes out.
- In the end add Fenugreek powder.
Oct 28, 2009
Maa Inji ( Mango ginger ) Thokku
Mango ginger is botanically neither related to Mango nor ginger family. but Turmeric.The Rhizomes are pale yellow inside with lighter color outside having the sweet s,ell of unripe mango when crushed. After making pickles I have few of Maa Inji pieces left over. So made a thokku with this flavorful ginger. Ingredients Maa Ingi - 100 gms Tamarind paste - 1/2 tsp Chilli powder - 1 tblsp Salt to taste Mustard - 1/2 tsp Gingely oil - 2 tblsp Hing - a pinch Fenugreek powder - 1/2 tsp Method